Sunday, December 5

I'm gonna give all my secrets away

I've been tagged by Elle of Joy, Et Cetera, Kimmie of Blue Paper Lanterns, and Shannon of To Boldly Wear to tell 7 secrets about myself. So I'm taking a break from writing one of my papers to do just that.

  1. Before I was an accounting major, I was a fashion merchandising major. I didn’t feel like there were a lot of job opportunities however, being from a New Mexico school, so I switched majors. Before that, I was a civil engineering major, but I was so burnt out on all the math and science I took in high school that I needed something different. They were kind of weird transitions, but I feel like I ended up in the right place.

  2. I’m not very good at feeding myself. The other day I had teddy grahams and m&m’s for breakfast. I’ve also been known to eat candy corn and goldfish for dinner. Fortunately, I have a super awesome boyfriend that makes dinner at his house pretty often. He is seriously the best, and I need to return the favor more often.

  3. I’m kind of messy. And when I say kind of I mean it’s hard to find a path from the door of my room to my bed sometimes. There’s never old food in my room or anything gross like that, I just have clothes conniptions in the morning and so clothes and shoes usually end up everywhere. Another area where the boyfriend is awesome: he is super clean. I don’t understand how he does it, but I want to be him.

  4. I have spreadsheets for everything. It might seem ridiculous but it’s pretty useful. My favorite one (and the reason for my blog name) is a gigantic list of all of my clothes, and I pretty much keep track of when I wear things, and what I wear them with. It’s pretty handy because I can see what I rarely wear and also what my closet is lacking.

  5. My socks never match. Like not even close most days. They all just get thrown in a drawer and I just grab the ones on top. Most people never even see them though, so I feel like it's okay.

  6. I don’t know how to ride a bike. This one is a little sad, but when I was little I apparently had a really hard time. Hard enough that my parents eventually gave up. I tried again my sophomore year in college, but it was frankly terrifying, and I couldn’t wait for it to be over.

  7. I can't think of a 7th secret. This is probably a sign that I should get back to my paper now. I promise after my last final exam on Wednesday that I'll go back to posting and reading blogs on a more regular basis!
Want to know more? Ask me on formspring or follow and ask me things on twitter.

7 comments:

  1. OMG your boyfriend sounds like my husband. I'm super messy/disorganized (not dirty, just messy) and can't cook... (I ate cookies for lunch today) but my husband is a total neat freak and cooks yummy food for me. :)

    And that's crazy that you went from civ e to fashion merchandising to accounting. They're all so different! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I'm awful at feeding myself too! You just made me feel so much better. My closest girlfriends try to invite me over for dinner once a week, so they know I'm getting a 'real meal'. Otherwise I do frozen yogurt or popcorn or something else ridiculous for dinner. I'm just not that interested in food, honestly. Particularly at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on being messy. I never seem to have enough room for all my stuff. It's so sad that I have a constant shuffling of clothes; ie from my desk chair to my bed and back again. I just need to be more dilligent about my mess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I'm messy too. My boyfriend thinks he's messy but really he's just a bit untidy, I let clothing find a home on the floor then get annoyed when I can't find what I need.
    Also, the spreadsheets thing should not be a surprise as it's in your name but the idea of making a spreadsheet for clothing blew my mind with how awesome that is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so with you on the messy thing. My room seems like it's always such a disaster! It's mostly just clothes laying everywhere because when I'm getting dressed and decide not to wear something, I don't put it back up. Also, my socks rarely match either :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe, I'm laughing about the socks. That's too funny! And yay for changing your major a lot--I did the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed reading your seven things! I didn't change my major at all, but that wasn't exactly my best decision ever, so that's awesome that you changed majors until you found something that was a mix of what you liked and something you thought would work out after school too! And spreadsheets really are awesome!! Very cool! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a question, feel free to email me at omglydia[at]gmail[dot]com!