Tuesday, February 22

Also, my legs are not sunburnt.

IMG_0176

IMG_0169

IMG_0172
Banana Republic shirt; Maurices shorts; DKNY tights; Payless flats; Necklace from street vendor in Santa Fe.

So it turns out, when you live in a small town you get some strange looks when you wear colored tights. I wanted to tell them, "Hello people, red tights* are perfectly okay in bloggy land and other places outside of southern New Mexico. Don't worry about it. Also, my legs are not sunburnt. And you are not funny."

Okay maybe a little funny, but not original for sure.

*They're actually the same ones that I wore here, but then I layered them over black ones so they ended up a more maroon-y shade.

Oh well. I also finally got myself a stripe-y shirt, even though it's been like a month since Breton Stripes day. I also don't own any polka dots, and the polls are showing those will be next. Looks like I have an excuse to go shopping.

15 comments:

  1. I love colored tights, like too much! I used to wear tights with shorts a while back, before it was cool, or else before I knew it was cool. Love the effect for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your colored tights and how it matches your necklace. They're just to scared to rock tights like yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit! Also, layering those over black tights and making them maroon is pretty much the most ingenius thing ever. I'm going to have to try it when it gets cold again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I was thinking that, too! I have an excuse to go out and find some polka dot loveliness. That would be one heck of a sunburn! That scenery in your photos is just amazing!

     Lindsay Living

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love wearing tights under shorts! Great striped shirt!
    G i v e a w a y !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I love your post title. :) And I am sad because I don't have polka dots either!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those bright tights looks great on you, and I like how they balance the navy blue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute layered look! It's funny how outfits that look completely normal blog-wise will get funny stares from irl people. They're just not as on top style wise lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this look!! So cute! I just found your blog through Lindsay Living, and I'm excited to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the red tights! Man you would be in some serious pain if they were that sunburned. People are silly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the look, the tights are great, I find it really hilarious that people looked at you funny for wearing tights or asked if your legs were burned, you live in a crazy town :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know how much I LOVE a pair of colored tights! Especially bright red ones.
    I'm so happy to see your posts showing up regularly in my reader again. It makes me smile.

    Leaving the House in THIS?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great idea to wear those vivid tights, think otherwise would've been blah, but this outfit looks awesome!

    http://blog.cessoviedo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha wearing shorts+tights in general gets me some commentary/bewildered glances. I love them together though, so who cares!
    On a slightly related note, I'm really pale and my shoulders have actually been that color before after a summer afternoon sans sunscreen. Not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha!! that would be quite the sunburn. ouch. they're really cute tights, regardless! don't worry about the small town folk (: love the location for these pictures!! your outfit has such a fun/cool vibe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! If you have a question, feel free to email me at omglydia[at]gmail[dot]com!